The “I buy local first” campaign, launched on June 25th, 2020, is a joint initiative between the Kent Regional Service Commission (KRSC), the Kent Community Business Development Corporation (CBDC) and the Réseau de développement économique et d’employabilité du Nouveau-Brunswick (or New Brunswick Economic Developement and Employability Network – RDÉE NB) to provide better visibility to local businesses, to rekindle pride in the people of Kent and to create a grassroots movement that encourages buying local.
This campaign aims to be a sustainable movement, adaptable to any time of the year, not only to help revive the local economy here and now but also to make this craze for local purchasing persist for years to come.
The Fall campaign also comes with great contests. Click on them to learn more.
1-Social Media: (12 winners = 3 per week)
- Follow our social media pages (Facebook & Instagram)
- One contest per week between November 16th & December 13th.
- The post will contain the message “CONTEST ALERT!“
- Answer the question in the comment section.
- One entry per Social Media (Yes, you can participate up to 2 times per week!!)
- 1x – 50$ in gift card from a local business every week
- 2x – $25 in gift card from a local business every week
- No purchase necessary
Click the logos below to be redirected to our different social media pages.
2- Local radio: (8 winners = 4 per radio station)
- Listen to CJSE (in French) or New Country 96 (in English) to participate in their contest
- 4x – $25 in gift card from a local businesses per radio station
- Both radio station has its own contest rules
- On air contest at CJSE
- Online contest through the New Country 969 Country Club Eblast Newsletter
- No purchase necessary
3- Support your local Food Banks! (2 winners)
- Starts on Monday November 16th and ends on Sunday December 13th.
- Make a donation of non-perishable food, hygiene products, toys and other gifts at one of the designated drop-off locations to receive a participation ballot.
- Drop-off locations:
- Food banks – Bouctouche, Richibucto, Rogersville & Shediac
- Town Halls – Bouctouche, Cocagne, Rexton, Richibucto, Rogersville, Saint-Antoine & Saint-Louis-de-Kent
- KRSC’s offices – Bouctouche and Richibucto
- Must be 18+ years old to be elligible.
- Winners will be randomly selected from all entries in all drop-off locations at the end of the campaign, during the week of December 14th-18th.
- 2x Grand Prize – LOCAL PRODUCT BASKET! worth $600
- Details on the basket content TBA
WE HAVE T-SHIRTS !!
Show your pride and support for the Kent region by proudly wearing one of our unisex t-shirts. The sales revenues will be used to continue the initiative encouraging local buying by directly supporting businesses in the region.
The t-shirts will be on sale starting Monday August 17, 2020 at a cost of $15. We have sizes S, M, L and XL in stock. It is possible to obtain other sizes by contacting us by telephone. Consult the size chart by clicking here.
The t-shirts are on sale at the KRSC offices in Bouctouche (104-1 Irving blvd) and Richibucto (25-145 Cartier blvd). We accept cash, checks as well as debit / Interac cards and credit cards.
Want more information on this project, select one of the options below:
I am a local business owner who’d like to take part of this initiative
This project is for YOU! Contact us if:
- You want your business to be featured in the section below
- You want to receive a campaign sticker
- You want your clients to be elligible to participate in the grand draw!
I want to know more about participating local business
Follow this link to be redirected to a list of participating businesses.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Click the logo to be redirected.