The “I buy local first” campaign, launched on June 25th, 2020, is a joint initiative between the Kent Regional Service Commission (KRSC), the Kent Community Business Development Corporation (CBDC) and the Réseau de développement économique et d’employabilité du Nouveau-Brunswick (or New Brunswick Economic Developement and Employability Network – RDÉE NB) to provide better visibility to local businesses, to rekindle pride in the people of Kent and to create a grassroots movement that encourages buying local.
This is only the beginning since this campaign aims to be a sustainable movement, adaptable to any time of the year, not only to help revive the local economy here and now but also to make this craze for local purchasing persist for years to come.
WE HAVE T-SHIRTS !!
Show your pride and support for the Kent region by proudly wearing one of our unisex t-shirts. The sales revenues will be used to continue the initiative encouraging local buying by directly supporting businesses in the region.
The t-shirts will be on sale starting Monday August 17, 2020 at a cost of $15. We have sizes S, M, L and XL in stock. It is possible to obtain other sizes by contacting us by telephone. Consult the size chart by clicking here.
The t-shirts are on sale at the KRSC offices in Bouctouche (104-1 Irving blvd) and Richibucto (25-145 Cartier blvd). We accept cash, checks as well as debit / Interac cards and credit cards.
During this campaign, three different types of contest will be held. Click on them to learn more.
1- Fill in an online survey (9 winners)
- Fill in the “I buy local” contest survey by Friday, July 10th.
- 3x – 100$ in gift cards from local businesses + 1 “I buy local first” cap
- 4x – 50$ in gift cards from local businesses + 1 “I buy local first” cap
- 2x – 1 “I buy local first” cap
- No purchase necessary
Congratulations to our winners:
$ 100 in gift cards + a cap
Juliette D., Richibouctou-Village
Ron A., Rexton
Rheal L., Ste-Marie-de-Kent
$ 50 in gift cards + a cap
Christine L., Ste-Anne-de-Kent
Leona B., Dixon Point
Paulette V., Richibucto
Brigitte P.-B., Bouctouche
Katherine H.M., Targettville
Francine B., St-Louis
2- Social Media: (24 winners = 4 per week)
- Follow our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
- One contest per week between July 12th & August 22nd.
- The post will contain the message “CONTEST ALERT!”
- Comment on the publication what is requested of you. Ex. Taking pictures of stickers in our local businesses, sharing your favorite vacation spot in the Kent region, etc.
- One entry per Social Media (Yes, you can participate up to 3 times per week!!)
- 3x – 25$ in gift card from a local business every week
- 1x – 1 “I buy local first” cap every week
- No purchase necessary
Click the logos below to be redirected to our different social medias pages.
3- Buy local! (3 winners)
- Starts on Monday July 20th and ends on Sunday August 23rd.
- Participating businesses will offer their clients an entry for every purchase over 20$
- Only one entry per purchase.
- Must be 18+ years old to be elligible.
- Winners will be randomly selected from all entries in all participating businesses at the end of the campaign, during the week of August 24th-28th.
- Grand Prize EXPLORE KENT! worth nearly $800
- A meal for 2 at the Makeba restaurant
- A 9 Holes green fee + power cart for two at Golf Bouctouche
- A vineyard tour + tasting for 2 at the Richibucto River Wine Estate
- Free trail ride for 2 people at Red Orchard Stables
- A basket of fresh produce from La coopérative Ferme Terre Partagée
- A Two-night stay at the brand new Creekside RNR Glamping Atlantic Canada
- 2x – 100$ in gift card from local businesses
Click on the image below to find out where you can participate:
Want more information on this project, select one of the options below:
I am a local business owner who’d like to take part of this initiative
This project is for YOU! Contact us if:
- You want your business to be featured in the section below
- You want to receive a campaign sticker
- You want your clients to be elligible to participate in the grand draw!
I want to know more about participating local business
Follow this link to be redirected to a list of participating businesses.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Click the logo to be redirected.