The powers and responsibilities of the RSC6 with respect to land use planning and building services, are outlined under the Regional Service Delivery Act (sections 24 & 25) and the Community Planning Act. Currently, the RSC6 provides land use planning and building services to the Village of St-Antoine, St-Louis, Rexton, Rogersville and the Town’s of Bouctouche and Richibucto. In the unincorporated area’s, building and subdivision services are provided.
These services include:
• Issuing building and development permits;
• Inspection of new development, buildings or construction;
• Development and administration of Rural Plans;
• Processing land use applications and approving subdivisions; and
• Providing planning, building, and development support and advice to the general public, community stakeholders, the Planning Review Advisory Committee, various provincial departments, and the Minister of Environment & Local Government.